Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for Beautifully Me will love this post. It includes resource recommendations, information about the book, and teaching ideas. You will have what you need to plan your next interactive read aloud lesson.
With themes of self-esteem, teasing and positive body image, this Beautifully Me picture book by Nabela Noor is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. You and your students will love it too! It’s always a big hit!
Engage Your Students with Beautifully Me Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of Beautifully Me. You can find it in the section below.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with Beautifully Me reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
BEAUTIFULLY ME SUMMARY
Zubi was getting ready for her first day of school! She put on her bangles and went to see her parents. As her mom was fastening her sari, Zubi heard that her tummy was too big. When they sat down for breakfast, Zubi heard her sister say that she was on a diet for a school dance. This pattern continued throughout her day, making her wonder if she had to go on a diet to be beautiful.
This encouragement story allows children to reflect on the importance of health, beauty, and advocating. Students will learn that no matter who you are, you are beautiful you!
BEAUTIFULLY ME LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for Beautifully Mewe’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based Beautifully Me reading comprehension questions focus on:
- sum / retell
- analyzing character
- author’s purpose
- figurative language
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
- self esteem
- positive body image
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
- quotation marks
- question marks
BEAUTIFULLY ME ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for Beautifully Me?
- Lexile® Measure: N/A
- Guided Reading Level: N/A
- DRA Level: N/A
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): N/A
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written by Nabila Noor. It was illustrated by Nabi H. Ali.
What genre is Beautifully Me?
It is a fiction book. You may want to check out our genre activities or read our blog post, How to Teach Genre to Elementary Students.
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 32 pages long.
The post Beautifully Me Activities and Lesson Plans for 2022 appeared first on Clutter-Free Classroom | by Jodi Durgin.